Course Title: Advanced Safeguarding Children
Course Duration: 3 hours contact time
Fee per Person: £50
Remote Learning: Available
If you work frequently with children and their families then it’s essential that you have an-up-to-date knowledge of child protection procedures. This Advanced Safeguarding Children course will help to increase your existing safeguarding knowledge and teach you more about what is involved in the safeguarding process. If you require to hold a formal qualification please see our Safeguarding and Protecting Children, Young People and Adults at Risk course
A range of subjects is covered including –
- Remember what is meant by ‘safeguarding’ and why learning about safeguarding children is so important.
- Refresh your knowledge about how to identify the indicators and warning signs of abuse.
- Understand which children are likely to be most at risk from abuse and know how to recognise and assess risks.
- Have knowledge of the role that social care plays in the safeguarding process.
- Know how a referral to social care is made and understand more about the possible responses to a referral.
- Have an awareness of the safeguarding structure and recognise the different levels of support a child may receive.
- Understand what happens in the process after a referral is made, including information on assessments, the child protection conference and child protection plans.
This is achieved by on-going theoretical teaching by the instructor and successful completion of a multiple choice question paper.
This certificate lasts for 1 year. To renew your certification, learners will need to retake the full course
A maximum of 12 learners are allowed, they must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
Please note that due to the nature and content of this course, two instructors will be present at all times