Course Title: Health & Safety in the Workplace (Level 1)
Course Duration: approx. 4½ hours
Fee per Person: £60
This qualification is for all employees working in all types of environment. It provides them with a basic introduction to health and safety in the workplace. It is also suitable for employees entering work for the first time or returning to work. This training can help to fulfil an employer’s legal duty to train all their staff in health and safety
This is a one-day classroom based course. Dependent on the learner’s experience, there may well be some pre-course or post-course reading.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- Terminology used in health and safety
- Main health and safety responsibilities of employers and employees
- Identification of hazards and risks including
- The work environment including
- Accident reporting and first aid
- Types and use of personal protective equipment
- Importance of personal hygiene
This is achieved by on-going theoretical teaching by the instructor, culminating with a multiple choice question paper.
This qualiﬁcation does not expire, but refresher training and keeping up to date with changes to policies and procedures is vital to keep the qualiﬁcation current.
A maximum of 16 students can be accommodated on this course and all candidates must be a minimum of 14 years of age to qualify.