Course Title: Introduction to Safeguarding Children
Course Duration: approx. 2 hours
Fee per Person: £40
This Introduction to Safeguarding Children course is a positive first step towards increasing and improving your knowledge and will provide you with a thorough overview of how to recognise the warning signs of abuse, what to do with any concerns that you may have and how to feel confident in protecting children from harm. If you are required to hold a formal qualification please see our Safeguarding and Protecting Children, Young People and Adults at Risk course
A range of subjects is covered including –
- Understand what is meant by ‘safeguarding’ and why learning about safeguarding children is so important.
- Understand your responsibilities both within and outside of the workplace.
- Know more about how to identify the indicators and warning signs of abuse.
- Know how to respond to any concerns that you have about a child.
- Be aware of how to act should a child disclose information about abuse to you.
- Understand the importance of reporting your concerns to another professional plus have knowledge of what happens at a higher level when a report is made.
- Be aware of the need to accurately record your concerns in writing.
This is achieved by on-going theoretical teaching by the instructor and successful completion of a multiple choice question paper.
This certificate lasts for 1 year. To renew your certification, learners will need to retake the full course
A maximum of 12 learners are allowed, they must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
Please note that due to the nature and content of this course, two instructors will be present at all times